Friday, May 30, 2008

"The Topix Jungle": Chapter 3 (The Beginning)

My original born on date for Topix was February 10, 2007. My first persona was created using my real name (not this one however), which is currently under suspension by the powers that be

My next persona was created in July 2007 : Da Bishop
This one I bring out for special occasions, like the holidays or my birthday.

Finally, the one that I currently post under, was also created in October 2007: Cedar Mountain

As you can plainly see, I've been a very busy {and a somewhat very naughty} boy.

Anyways, the first forum I posted in after creating my initial persona was one called Offbeat. Back then, it was a lot more free spirited than it is now. So not finding anything of interest, I went to a forum called "Top Stories". There, I found things more to my liking, with various topics more suited to my personal tastes.

After about a month or so of posting, I came across a fascinating couple who came aboard about a month before me, who went by the names of "Hitesrunprincess" and "Okimar". We got to talking about things and quickly became fast friends, posting on mutual threads and generally creating light mayhem and fun in the process. And as friend, we eventually got to exchanging e-mail addys, and began chatting that way as well.

A few months later (April 2007), after experiencing a particularly bruising insult battle in another forum, I created a thread called "Chat Room Rage", which soon became quite popular, attracting all kinds of people from all walks of life. Eventually, that thread took on a life of its own, exceeding my expectations and becoming what it wasn't intended to be: a chat thread. So, about a month later, I created another thread "Cult of Personality", which also became a very popular chat thread.

On that particular thread, I came to know a good many people that I formed more than a few lasting friendships with: Calibeachbum, PaisleyPosey, A Bug and A Wish, Matt from Akron, Grace Nerissa and Rods o1. Others became merely passing acquaintances: Jamie Tuna, Rotor Head, Billy R and JoJo Bell. Still others fell somewhere in between: Rick (Olney, MD).

Overall, it became a hugely successful chat thread. So much so, that one of the posters on it, Rotor Head (former military man), created a thread called "The Olde Village Pub".

Unbeknownst to all, this thread became the breading ground for what was to become a truly dark period in everyone's Topix world.

3 comments:

  1. "Unbeknownst to all, this thread became the breading ground for what was to become a truly dark period in everyone's Topix world."

    I can almost hear the theme music from "Jaws" in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a thought... you may wish to make your recent posts in your Topix profiles (Da Bishop, Cedar Mountain) public. No one can see them until you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might as well. Not too many trolls following me around now..."Jaws"? I don't know, too 70ish..need something more current...

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com