Friday, July 4, 2008

Complaining Gets You Nowhere, part 1

As stated previously, I was waging a one man campaign against a group of posters located in the Offbeat forum on Topix, during early spring '08. I wasn't having much luck with it, due to the fact that because certain people were retaliating against me behind the scenes, my message wasn't getting out to the masses.

Nevertheless, I continued to pour it on, and by early March, I was starting to feel the effects. By zeroing in on one particular poster, I had found myself declare persona non grata while posting under a particular name.

When the new year had started, I had decided to post as a grayed out user. Mostly because I was still suffering some of the aftereffects of the previous smear campaign that was launched against me, and partially because I wanted to start the new year off with a clean slate.

So I chose a name that a now very good friend had insulted me with on a personal thread I created last year, "Baby Gooey". Now armed with a name and a new attitude, I unleashed myself to the unsuspecting people that populated the Offbeat forum.

Unfortunately, being the kind of person that can go overboard in an extremely short period of time, I did. And I paid a very heavy price. About the time that I was being crucified in public and behind the scenes, I had decide to try found why I was initially banned and purged from Topix. I sent e-mails but got nowhere beyond a generic one asking what thread I was complaining about. Next I tried calling and leaving voice mails, but again nothing came of it.

Okay, I thought to myself, I'm not getting anywhere and I'm getting incredibly pissed off right now. What do I have to do, in order to talk to a human being there?

The answer was simple, at least for me: write a letter. So I wrote a letter and faxed it off to the forum manager. In it, I pointed out some inconsistencies and asked some key questions....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com