Friday, July 25, 2008

"Guerrilla Warfare": Chapter 2 (Summer '08)

How do.

One of the major topics I wanted to cover in this blog was my adventures in Topix, from beginning to the present, then I would go off on side tangents about assorted odds and ends in Topix. Last month (June), I had started a new group of headings called "Guerrilla Warfare", which covered my misadventures in trying to prove a point with a group of egotistical posters during the Spring.

The last post I had made about it was posting a couple of letters sent to Topix complaining about what I thought was harassment by these people and supported by Topix.

Since I needed to talk about something related to the Internet today, I thought I would revisit this particular group of headings.
~~~~~~~

So, by the beginning of May, I had begun to settle back down, sort of. I had dug out my second persona, Da Bishop, and began posting as him. But because I still had that slash and burn style of posting, my mouth was still getting me into trouble again.

About mid to late May, I got inserted into argument that spilled over into a few threads in one of the National forums. After about week or so, things died down but damage was done in the form of making new enemies and losing a couple of friends. About that time, I had wandered over to another thread called, "The Crew" and started hanging there, while trying to make some new friends. For a while it worked, but once again, I got inserted into another argument that originated someplace else and spilled over into another thread.

That one ended a few days later, but in the process I made a batch of enemies. Again. So I went wandering off back to "The Crew" thread to sort of lick my wounds and start anew. But that wasn't to be. One of the people who I had made enemies with, decided to unload on me with the precision of an AK-47. In the span of three days, during Memorial day weekend, he made a whopping 86 posts either directed towards me or about me. By the time the dust had cleared, I had put him in his place, simply by making a good complaint about him to Topix.

Again, I went wandering off to lick my wounds and to figure out just exactly what the hell I should do next with my Topix existence.

Lo and behold, that decision was soon made for me, in the form of a link to a thread about religion...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com