Factoids are us.
A friend reminded me last week of a peculiar anniversary that was popping up. My two year anniversary of participating in the Topix chat room forums came and went this past February 10th.
Now normally, this would be a cause for celebration like my one year anniversary back in 2008, but this time, there was really nothing to celebrate. I have evolved to the point in my chat room existence that I now basically go there to say hi to my friends, constructively debate certain topics in my local forum and have insultfests elsewhere.
There really isn't anything left to do or accomplish in the chat rooms anymore for me, so I just simply do those things and let everything else roll on by. Oh sure, I continuously plug my blog and plug my book, have people get on my case for both, and even get trolled over it (matter of fact, I picked up another loser that goes by the name of "MASH HAMILTON" and has a floating ISP of Chaplin/Willimantic CT) from time to time.
In essence, and to paraphrase someone who put it so elegantly elsewhere, I engage in verbal bitching sessions with other posters. Kind of interesting though, in that I now use the chat rooms to decompress, de-stress and basically act like an arrogant jerk towards people who act like a pompous jackass 24/7/365.
In any event, some interesting factoids about me and two years worth of chat room participation:
1) I have four official personas, one of which has been suspended, in Topix.
2) I've had one unregistered persona binged and purged.
3) I created a sixth persona (Prayerful One) that was used for a couple of months in the MSNBC community boards back in 2008.
4) I've made in the excess of 17,000 posts, some of which were actually constructive.
5) I have made the same amount of enemies as I have made friends.
6) I have actually met one of my Topix friends this past summer.
7) I've had several derogatory threads made about me, one derogatory persona made about me using a picture from my blog, three people who have followed me from the chat rooms in a vain attempt to harass and ridicule me, and one person who came this close to being sued for copyright infringement (who interestingly enough, made a brief appearance over this past weekend, throwing a hissy fit because she blamed me for her own stupidity in getting herself purged).
With that said, I will say "Happy Anniversary" to me. Here's to wishing that my time in the chat rooms for 2009 continues to as smooth as the latter part of 2008 was.