Thursday, March 19, 2009

Syndexed*

Apologies for the double post. Today's Two Page Short has fallen victim to the old-time cable rule called "Syndex".

*"Syndex" was a rule that came out in the very early 90's when local t.v. channels were competing with cable television. They were failing miserably, so they got the federal government (what else) to pass a law stating that if an out of state t.v. channel was broadcasting in the local area, and they were carrying the exact same programming, that out of state channel was blacked out. The only exceptions to this rule was the so-called "superstations" such as WGN and TBS.

The story that is currently playing over at Flashing Georgie's Shorts, is the one that gave me the idea to create that blog to begin with.

The Two Page Short will return to your programming schedule on March 25th. Please check your local listings for the time in your area.

I thank you in advance for your patience as I strive to seamlessly program both blogs for your viewing pleasure.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you have time for two blogs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit strange, yes.

    But, at my last stop in my state career, I had to learn time management skills in order to stay on top of my game (did correctional facilities, so I got attendance on a daily basis). Once you learn them, they are impossible to get rid of.

    So, I consider this a natural redeployment of time management skills to the online world. After two years of chat room shenanigans, I made a conscious decision to curtail my activities there. I now spend an hour every Saturday at the public library catching up with online friends (some of which I've known for the past two years).

    I'm also a bit OC in my day to day activities, thus the need for an outlet for my flash fiction. The good thing about that other blog is that I update it once a week, and I intend to always have about two months of stories sitting in the queue reading to be unleashed to the general public for use and abuse.

    Time management skills are both a good thing and a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com