Thursday, October 15, 2009

Zoom

By now most everyone has read the announcement that Flashing Georgie's Shorts is tweaking the format. Since we're now posting the last several stories (counting this one), I want spend the next several weeks giving you the reader a peek into my thought processes as to how something inspires me to write a story. I started doing this with the last story posted (The Sand), and I thought it would be a good way to end this particular stage of the blog on a high note. Additionally, I'm also opening the comments for the last remaining stories here too.

So with this particular story, you'll see the inspiration tag as being the song "Animals" by Nickelback. Basically, the song is about girl sneaking out of her parents house at night with her boyfriend who just got out of jail, and driving off to parts unknown to make out, but getting caught in the process. I thought it would make a great story idea. Give it a read and let me know what you think, because there's something else about this story that usually doesn't happen to me when I write it.
~~~~~~
"Watch where the F you're going! You about hit a semi!!"
"Better him than me."
"Listen, I want to get wherever it is we're going to in one piece. Alive, not in a body bag."
"Right. Body bag."

Shaking her head, Laurie put on her seat belt and began to pray. When she'd finished, she opened her eyes to see that the car was surrounded by the police. Pulling out her gun, she checked the clip before lobbing a few shots at the cruiser directly next to her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click here for the full story and to leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com