Friday, November 20, 2009

The City

Getting down to the wire as this is the second to last piece of flash fiction that will grace Flashing Georgie's Shorts for the foreseeable future.

This one sort of wrote itself.

I was driving home from work one warm mid-September day when I happened to spy a twenty-something lady walking down the sidewalk with her boyfriend. She was dressed to kill (at least for the Indian summer weather that day) and made quite a lasting impression on me (spent the entire time at two consecutive traffic lights looking into my side mirror).

By the time I got home, I had a basic outline written in my head on what I wanted to write it. I still had the small problem of what the content should be and more importantly, how provocative the content should be. Should be somewhat in the vein of this (option #1)? Or should it be somewhat in the vein of this (option #2)? Or should fall somewhere in between, such as this (option #3)?

After giving it some thought, I picked option #1. A couple of hours later, I had a nifty story in the same vein as option #1, with just a smattering of fantasy thrown in for good measure.

So as per the custom, no teasers, just the link.

Click here for the story

6 comments:

  1. Well you certainly made the heat come alive in that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    I love using the summer as a backdrop for my writings.

    Oooooooh.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis one might be up your alley G.

    http://www.topix.net/forum/city/hartford-ct/TBBAOPSA48U9CB7I4

    Have fun,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how a small detail of life in an otherwise routine day, can put a story where there was none before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks.

    See, my days in high school weren't wasted after all.

    I learned how to "people watch".

    :-0

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com