Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Holiday In The Sun

Continuing our countdown to a new beginning on Flashing Georgie's Shorts, the next story on deck was the direct result of a combination of getting an idea from an inanimate object, having a crappy day at work, and running amok with said story idea.

The inspiration to this story, was from a tee shirt I was wearing one particular summer day. It said simply World's Greatest Dad and had a picture of a guy all decked out in BBQ'ing gear. On this particular summer day, I was having a somewhat crappy day at work. And as I'm want to do from time to time, I started getting rid of my somewhat crappy day by writing a short story.

Somehow, that combination of having a crappy day and the tee-shirt that I was wearing, became the ultimate fix for the junkie writer in me. I took those three beginning paragraphs that I wrote at work, and by the time the weekend was finished, I had the entire three page story written (including going to Wikipedia and doing fifteen minutes worth of research for a particular character). And I think this is probably as close as I'm going to get to writing in this particular genre for the foreseeable future.

So as per custom, there are no teasers, just the customary link.

Click here for the full story

4 comments:

  1. I saw what you did there. lolol
    Hmmm, thinking maybe there were some other choice meats, from work, you might want to throw out into the middle of the yard. :)bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, my deary young lady, sometimes. :-0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god. I totally did not see that coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks.

    I wanted to try something completely different. When I first started writing it, the intention was to write about a day of BBQing, but the bad day at work told me to put a swerve in.

    I think the swerve did it's job.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com