Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Day At The Office (2); Flashing Georgie's Shorts

A two fer!

1} The second installment of A Day At The Office is now presented for your reading pleasure.

The action thus far: David, our intrepid payroll guy, is busy solving a fellow employee's paycheck issue. He's already gotten irritated by the blood stains that the man had left behind, and is becoming even more irritated by the overflowing tray of stray body parts.

We pick up the action with David questioning the man about the overflowing tray of body parts.

Click here for part 2

2} Today marks the one year anniversary of Flashing Georgie's Shorts. By today, I mean exactly 365 days ago, on March 4, 2009, I opened up a short story blog with this particular story entitled Minutia. Fifty-two weeks later, I am making my 50th post for that blog.

For those who can access it, here is a brief history on Flashing Georgie's Shorts, courtesy of a brand new Blogger feature called "Pages", of which a new link about Cedar's Mountain was also created, which can be found directly underneath the "About Me" profile link.

I thank one and all for helping me make FSG what it is today: a permanent home for some of my funkier flash fiction and my medium length short stories.

6 comments:

  1. "Noooo. I didn't take someone's lung today. I took it last week."

    Again, one of the best lines, ever! You might like my bro's writing - some of it is similarly hilarious and creepy - his link is on my blog (Nik Houser.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    I found it's really hard to put sarcasm into words, unless you draw out the first word.

    I'll check out that link, since I'm on the prowl once again to replace a writer's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Tim Burton would enjoy directing a story like this one! Congrats on this special anniversary. I think it's great that you channel some of your creativity in short stories too. You have a knack for making a scene very palpable or visual for the reader. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly: Thanks.

    This has been one of my more enjoyable projects and I'm hoping I can make through to another year with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anni Ver sary,
    Happy anni Ver sary,
    Happy anni ver sary,
    Happpp eeey annie verse arrie!
    High ho Silver... away~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snaggle: I like that, thanks!

    Hard to believe it's been one solid year doing the other blog. Shoot, it's hard to believe that I'm still doing the blogging thing some twenty-two months later.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com