Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Day At The Office (3)

While he waited for David to finish whatever it was he was doing and start talking again, Fred had an attack of the munchies. So he began searching through the pile of digits that were sitting on the desk, looking for meaty portion in which to quench his appetite. About a minute later he found a particularly meaty pinky that he could snack on.

Carefully taking it out, he scraped some of the grime off the skin, before taking a bottle of water out of his pocket. Holding the pinky over the lip of the tray, he then unscrewed the cap with his teeth and poured a little bit of the water over the pinky to clean it off. He took out a small packet of mustard, opened it, and squirted the contents over the pinky. He was about to pop in his mouth, when he saw that David was staring at him rather intently.

Click here for the latest installment

If you dare......BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love how you work the outrageous into the every day.

    Love this:
    "Ummm... yah. You're about to pop that pinky into your mouth, aren't you?"
    "I'm hungry."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    To tell you the truth, I think that the classic MAD magazine I used to read as a kid and as an adult (from the mid 70's until they went to all color) has influenced my writing. Always loved how they worked the outrageous into normal situations, and make it sound so....normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Well, makes me want to reconsider snacks, in general. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would make everyone reconsider snacking, especially if you eat those mystery meat snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really think you need to contact Tim Burton. There must be one of his kind of movies here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Tim Burton film? Kewl.

    Interestingly enough, I don't think I've watched any of his movies.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com