Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Incompleteness (2)

During the second part of our Journey Through The Mind Of A Strange Writer we will be stopping at the new and improved version of a previously posted story called The Weapon of Choice.

Again, like the first, I tightened up the content, which in this case consisted of eliminating some unnecessary words and actually giving the two female leads real names, which you first saw in the reworked version entitled Double D.

I decided to give the female leads real names, because I felt if I was going to make a longer story out this, they should have names more befitting of who they were, instead of the tongue in cheek names I originally gave them (Delightful and Delicious). So what I actually did, was to go to the library one Saturday morning and research baby names.

That's right, you read correctly, baby names. Specifically, African-American (more on that later).

When all was said and done, I came up with six pairs of names to play with, not only for these two characters, but for the others that were also participating in this little adventure (more on that later). Since I was unable to decide what names to use because I liked them all, I wound up doing a brief poll on them back in the mid-summer of last year. When the dust settled from that, the names that were chosen for the female leads in this one, were Ashanti and Aissa.

Also, the original rationale for writing this of flash fiction, was not that it was going to become part two of this longer story I was writing (that came much later), but that it was going to be posted on FSG. Thus the inspiration of this particular story was a letter that I found stashed in an old record album.

So.

Without further ado, I bring to you for your reading pleasure (if you dare), a slightly raunchier version of The Weapon of Choice

4 comments:

  1. 42s?!
    I have to wonder how someone wouldn't fall over...I have to say, I definitely think you have a career in erotic writing ahead of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind.:D

    Ya know, in all seriousness, it might be time for me to write another post about sex again.

    Every so often, I usually have to remind people why I write what I write, and after what happened this week, it might be time for a refresher.

    Plus, I can plug my other self-pubbed book as well....:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use cemetaries to find names. Especially down here you can find wonderful names in the cemetaries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to remember that for next time. We have a couple here in Newington that I can spend some time doing research.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com