Thursday, April 25, 2013

Count Your Downs: 100

Greetings people.

I thought for the next, oh I say, 10 blog posts, I would re-visit some old blog posts of mine and showcase how Cedar's Mountain has evolved over the past 59 months.

I know this sounds a little bit like my new series called "ReDeux!" but this is something so radically different that it will make your head spin, or at the very least, wonder why I wrote some of this stuff in the first place.

One thing that will make this post, which is #991, different from the others, is that I'll be whipping out some tags that have not see any kind of usage since the early days of this blog.

For instance, in celebration of revisiting blog post #100, I dusted off the shelf a very old tag called "Topix".

Prior to starting Cedar's Mountain, I was a hardcore member of the chat rooms, specifically, the one run by The Topix Corporation. I won't bore you with the gruesome details of what I did, when I did it, and where the cyber-bodies are buried while I was an aficionado of the chat room, but if you're interested, feel free to search out said tag on my blog.

In the meantime, please re-visit a moldy oldy post from September 23, 2008 entitled "Whadda Ya Mean I'm Not A People Person".

You can comment on that post if you wish, but I strongly suggest that you save them for this post, as it will be much easier for me to find in the long run.

8 comments:

  1. I love seeing old posts. Not ours, because they're probably terrible (and lacking cartoons), but seeing how people have evolved their blogging and their writing.

    Regarding that post, I find it's really, really easy to devolve into an asshole at the drop of the hat. I'm trying to work on that, but it's just so much easier to be a dick than it is being nice. I think of the meme I saw recently that said something along the lines of, "When I see a dog, my first instinct is to walk up to it, pet it, and say hi. When I see a human, my first instinct is to walk briskly, look away, and just hope it leaves me the hell alone."

    ReplyDelete
  2. 991! Wow. Closing in on a thousand. I have to see where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You punched a filing cabinet? I hope it was the Pa-Pz filing cabinet, because that's where "Punch" belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABFtS: Thanks.

    I've been intrigued for the past couple of years by the concept of exploring my blog, which is why I started the "ReDeux!" series. For me,it's mostly been seeing how sharp my writing was back, only to see it slightly de-volve as the years progressed.

    Yup, incredibly easy, which is why I've had a target on back for quite a few years at work.

    Charles: For this blog, it is definitely a wow. For all my blogs combined, I think I'm closing in on 1300, give or take.

    S.R.: I have punched numerous inanimate objects in my life, of which only two caused any significant damage to my body (broken knuckles on each hand).

    Sadly, I think it was a generic filing cabinet with no lettering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, G, I knew we must have been separated at birth! If only I had found your blog sooner...

    I prefer "instrument of karma" to "asshole" in those situations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. M: Instrument of karma, I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny to think about posts being moldy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn: Yup.

    But I couldn't think of a word to rhyme with "mildewy". :D

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com