To all my readers and followers, please keep in mind that I have now moved over to my new blog, Father Nature's Corner, so Cedar's Mountain is now on a semi-permanent hiatus.

If you're looking for the wit and wisdom that Cedar's Mountain is known for, please click on the link up above or to the right, and I promise you that you won't be disappointed.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Redeux! Post Number 941: Chat Rooms

Okay, by now you must know that I'm scrapping the bottom of a McDonald's barrel when I decide to do one of my world infamous redundancy posts, aka let's-put-a-twist-on-a-very-lame-post-from-the-early-years.

Well my friends, post number 941 (I've long ago stopped trying to count my posts in the right order for this 'cause you know, I was getting confused like a way long time ago when someone had to explain to me that when you want to reach a high note on an electric guitar, ya gotta go all the way down the neck and when you want to reach a low note, ya gotta go all the way up to where the string pegs are) is about a day in the life chat rooms.

Entitled Brain Cramp, it basically stated that if you want to cure your blogger's block, all you have to do is go to the chat rooms and within minutes, your brain will be overflowin' with ideas. Like writing Dick & Jane primers....or....writing a very bad skit for a children's show.

If you take the time to read the post, and it is one of my better free form posts, you'll see exactly two comments. One is from a now ex-writer and ex-blogger who vacated the blog world in 2009 to go back to her day job of being a wedding photographer now located on the west coast. The other is from a blogger who also disappeared in 2009 'cause the real world was way more important that the cyber world (trust me, this is a good thing).

For those of you who may be new to this blog, I used to be a somebody in the chat rooms. Chat rooms are great if you want to practice your writing/debating skills when you only have 1500 characters to play with (eventually expanded to 750 words), but horrific to your sanity and your life. I highly recommend not participating in chat rooms at all. I am prime example of what can happen to your sanity and your life when you decide to do the chat rooms or forums. It took me about 2 1/2 years to withdraw and get it completely out of my system.

So my friends, if you even remotely entertain the idea of participating in a chat room or a website's forum, think about this: there are some serious whack jobs out there who will find a way to track you down and make your life a living hell.

Now, on a lighter note, I am taking the wife to her latest follow up appointment with Herr Doctor and if all goes well, she should be starting rehab on her ankle sometime next week.

Also, if you haven't had the opportunity, please check out my latest release "Broken Promises". You'll be glad that you did.

10 comments:

  1. Hope your wife's ankle gets all better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can't imagine going in a chatroom. Did it a couple of times in the late 90s and met some - guess what? whack jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW I loved the line about the Dick and Jane primer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that rehab goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. M: Thanks. Dick & Jane is what I read while in grade school.

    Incredible whack jobs there, and to be honesr, it's something that I never want to participate in again, no matter how desperate I may get for something to do.

    Lynn: I'm hoping so. She plans on doing rehab for the ankle and her left knee (arthritis) so hopefully things will work out. She is now off crutches and just walking around in a boot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your wife is back to kicking you in shape next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bearman: With high heels hopefully. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seem to have alot to comment about, but in posting keep deciding not to post alot of negative stuff lately-

    This new ISP has me going so slow I barely get to load the old blogs to keep up- usually I read here n then get disconnected, so sometimes I don't even get to comment- run out of time.
    I have a broken toe this week, n still have to work. No rehab just saltwater soaking.
    Hope the partners ankle goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snaggle: Wow. Sounds like either it's time for a new providor or time for a new computer.

    In any event, sorry to hear about your broken toe. Those are a nuisance to begin with, but with the kind of job you have, it might become unbearable. I wish you luck for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-16 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com