To all my readers and followers, please keep in mind that I have now moved over to my new blog, Father Nature's Corner, so Cedar's Mountain is now on a semi-permanent hiatus.

If you're looking for the wit and wisdom that Cedar's Mountain is known for, please click on the link up above or to the right, and I promise you that you won't be disappointed.

Monday, October 14, 2013

A Little Of This And A Little Of That

A somewhat short post today, which is a rarity on this blog since I've always gone for both the jugular and the ceratoid one nibble at a time when it comes to lengthy posts. Drain 'em slow I always say and leave them with echo-y shells where their cerebellum used to be.*

*yes, Halloween is upon us, and I'm trying to keep an even keel as it applies to grossness this year. However, if you need a dose of grossness to get your Monday off to a rip roaring start, click here.

Today, I am over at my picture blog where I will be showing part 2 of 3 of my picture series "Hiking on Cedar Mountain", so if you step to your right, you can waste about one minute of your day admiring the beauty that is Cedar Mountain.

In other news, I am taking a short break from re-write my novella "It's Just Business", as I am taking a proverbial detour to a folder called "Shadow's Vengeance", where I will start the laborious process of formatting that novella for both print and e-book. I figure each one should take me a total of at least a month to format, although the e-book should go quicker as I've already had my baptism by fire in formatting my latest:

Available here
 

However, formatting for print will be the one that will have me tearing my hair follicles with a pair of tweezers, in spite of the fact that I downloaded the formatting guide from Createspace. I figure by the time I get down formatting both editions, I should have a resolution the thorny problem of finding a cover for the novella. This is something I'll expound upon in the coming weeks, but suffice to say, it's another item that is slowly making me pull my hair follicles out with a pair of tweezers.

8 comments:

  1. I assume you aren't using the tweezers on your head then? Sorry I couldn't resist!

    I must be in some strange mood today I read this "detour to a folder" as "detour to fodder". Not quite the same I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe: That would be my next spot, should using them on my mustache not get the job done. :D

    Fodder or Folder, it pretty much means the same thing at this point in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh..the thought of formatting a book makes my head spin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bearman: Makes mine spin too, which is why with my latest project I decided to cut through the chase and apply the required formatting ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to have to face that same chore sooner or later (Createspace, not tweezing!) Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. M: The style guide is 67 pages of serious information overload, and on first read through, was a little non-user friendly. That one will take me a while to stagger & stumble through until I can the hand/jist of it.

    More than likely, I'll start by formatting the e-book edition. Once I'm done with that, I should have a better idea on the cover (found a potentially good graphic designer on FB over the weekend).

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, this means you're accepting the blame for the hollow echoes coming from where my brain used to be?

    ReplyDelete
  8. S.R.: Absolutely! We all need a little brainwashing every now and again.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-16 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com