To all my readers and followers, please keep in mind that I have now moved over to my new blog, Father Nature's Corner, so Cedar's Mountain is now on a semi-permanent hiatus.

If you're looking for the wit and wisdom that Cedar's Mountain is known for, please click on the link up above or to the right, and I promise you that you won't be disappointed.

Friday, November 1, 2013

I'm Moving Out!



Almost 5 1/2 years ago, May 24th 2008 to be precise, I started this nifty little blog called Cedar's Mountain that you're reading today..

Throughout the 1,065+ blog posts, I have covered almost every conceivable topic that had interested me. While I was waxing poetically, philosophically, argumentatively, and plaintively, with as much drama as I could hyperventilate with, I managed to meet dozens of people, made friends with almost as many, and basically had a block party to end all block parties.

I also managed to pick the brains of some well known writers in genres that prior to 2008 weren't event on my radar, received genuine, heartfelt (and sometimes harsh) critique of my writing. Along the way, I managed to get two short stories and one novel published the traditional way, which gave me the confidence to dip my toes into the self-publishing waters again and publish a short story trilogy.

Blogging has always been and will always be near and dear to my heart. However, sometimes we have to face the reality that every once in a while, to be truly happy and satisfied with what you're doing, you have to make a change, radical or otherwise.

For the past few months I've been giving serious thought about doing something completely different with my blogging. Not something as radical as gutting and rebuilding (hell, I do enough of that with my writing), but more in the line of tweaking and cleaning.

However, during those same few months I've been getting completely aggravated with Feedburner and the perpetual fluctuation of my subscriber count due to the permanently corrupted content contained with my feed and template. I've also become somewhat disenchanted with my current blog, and somewhat envious of other bloggers and their blogs (not the content, just the appearance).

So this past Sunday (10/27) I made the decision to eliminate all of my blogging stress with extreme prejudice, and created a brand new blog called Father Nature's Corner with a brand new addy (clicking on the link will bring you to the new blog).

Father Nature's Corner will become my new blogging home starting November 4th. Cedar's Mountain will go on a semi-permanent hiatus as chairman emeritus, but will remain open, not only for people to peruse at their leisure, but for me to use as a vast library of blogging minutia.

Cedar's Mountain will be updated whenever I get a book published either the traditional way or the non-traditional way, as well as other possible odds and ends.

It is my sincere hope that not only for you continue following me but continue to read my various ramblings about my writing and the world around me at my brand new blog:

 
 
 
I will forever be your blogging/writing bud from Connecticut: G. B. Miller

P.S.: I realize that some people may still stop by either out of curiosity (I still have business cards with the Cedar Mountain addy) or because they've stepped away from the cyber world due to real world issues taking precedence, so I'll be making one more post on November 4th, with will basically be the picture that I use for the header of my new blog, along with the link and a short sentence stating where fresh content can be found. That will be, until further notice, the very last post for Cedar's Mountain.

15 comments:

  1. I would like to challenge you to post at least five more to Cedar's Mountain and keep them to under 200 words just to see what happens. You pack a powerful punch in fewer words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new blog - sometimes change is rejuvenating. I hope so for you, if you need that. I'll link the new blog to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G.A.: That sounds like an interesting challenge. I will have to give that some serious thought.

    Lynn: Greatly appreciate the blog link.

    Like I said, I've been thinking along these lines for quite sometime, and right now, I do have that extra bounce in my cyber step.

    Bearman: You da man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new blog sounds like a great plan! I've actually been contemplating the same, as I've been struggling with my own blog lately... but I don't want to completely abandon my corner of cyberspace, so who knows what I'll eventually decide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa: Believe me, I thought very long and hard about this for those reasons that you state.

    I'm hoping that people will still continue to follow me when that blog is up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the move turns out well. I may need a reminder to switch my feedly feed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charles: I'm hoping so too. And don't worry, I'll be giving one last reminder to everyone on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're not leaving the game, GB! So glad you started this blog, because had you not done that, we wouldn't be buds :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will you add the followers button there too? I'm not in the uk at the moment so will follow you when I get back as I have a hard time doing anything on this iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. M: Thanks. And this is very, very true. As a matter of fact, all this blogging stems from the fact of being laid off from work in 2003. If I wasn't laid off back then, chances are very good that I wouldn't being pursuing my dream nor would I have met all of these wonderful people I call friends.

    Joe: I will have to take a look. They replaced the old Followers gadget like you see on your blog and you see on mine with one that is driven by Google+, and you need a Google+ profile to use it.

    I'm sure that you'll be able to follow it though, and I'll make up a separate page and list all the people who are kind enough to follow me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like change so I've changed my blog template and colours numerous times and earlier this year I even bought a domain name. I have thought about getting a professional website done too but I'm holding back on that at the minute - Blogger/Google is so big and I like the comfort of knowing my blog has the back-up of a major player. It'll be funny seeing your blog (which has probably been the most consistent in template and postings) that I've read take on a different format - but for you I think it's a really good thing. Changing my blog always refreshes my enthusiasm and I'm sure it will do for you too. Good luck with it - and I'll come and check it out on Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jane: Thanks.

    It's not so much of a different format than a different look.

    The content will still be the same, but the template will be completely different.

    I did manage to find the old Followers gadget so I got that all primed and ready to go.

    I'll still create a page that will contain the major links of all my followers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debra: Thanks, and I hope you'll enjoy the ride as well.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-16 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com