Saturday, May 24, 2008

Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome my friends to the show that will not ever end. First of all, I would like to give a great big thank you to GumbyTheCat, for suggesting that I should "branch out" my writing skills by doing a blog.

Now, down to the business at hand, the explanation of who and what I am. My name is Georgie B and this is my first venture into the world of blogging. This is not my first time in dealing with the CyberWorld, as I'm very well known in the land of Topix (more on that in future posts). One of the names that I do post as in Topix, is as the name at the top of this blog.

As for what I'll touch on, it will be somewhat eclectic in nature, but the main focus will be on Real World misadventures; work (I'm a state employee, more on that in future posts); the CyberWorld (Topix in particular, definitely more on that later); and basic observations on whatever happens to strike my fancy.

I am also a writer, not by trade but by hobby. I don't do traditional short stories, but more chapbook type stores. I will be the first to acknowledge that I am incapable of writing anythng that is G or PG rated. Most of my output (unpublished so far) has leaned towards the dark side of relationships. In the coming months, I will be touching more on that subject as I plan on self-publishing my contemporary romance novel.

In all, the views expressed here on this blog will be mine and only mine. I can be somewhat longwinded, but I always have a point to it, or in some cases, multiple points. To give you the reader some idea on how I think and observe the world around me, I will leave you with two favorite sayings of mine, that can apply to both the real world and the cyber world:

"There are days where I would like to inhabit my seven year old daughter's version of reality. Today is one of those days."

"I don't deal with stupid."

5 comments:

  1. Yay, you did it!

    Good luck G... writing a blog is a satisfying activity, even if it takes a while to build a 'following'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the props.

    Soon as I can figure a few more things out, I'll try to list a link for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geroge, I got an e-mail from Vee with this link. So far, so good. I will continue reading your writings. I feel Topix has changed many lives and some for the worse. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your blog..J

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're more than welcome Jean. Yes Topix has changed people's lives, and some for the worse. But also some for the better. Always keep that in mind whenever things get to be too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ! George ! This is Brigitte...! Nice to see you "promoting" yourself. Wish you the best ! Too early for conversation, at least for me, but I'll be back !

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com