Monday, May 26, 2008

Springtime In Suburbia

We had beautiful weather yesterday here in New England. Let me tell you a little bit about where I live and what the weather and the day was like.

As you can probably tell by the title of this post, I live in the suburbs. Matter of fact, I'm about five minutes away from most major highways in my area, and about ten minutes from the city limits. So I'm sure you're sitting there wondering how can he be bragging about where he lives, considering he lives in the suburbs of the city?

Simple really. The area where I live, is about as close as you can get to ruralness, yet still be in the suburbs. For instance, I live right across from the title of this blog. Right now, everything is in full bloom on the mountain. Here's a good description of it from an upublished short story of mine:
  • As the sun rises, the curtain slowly opens to reveal a breathtaking view. A canopy of trees, as far as the eye can see, is emblazoned by the morning light. Their emerald-colored leaves wave in the gentle breeze, beckoning you to come visit Mother Nature.

It is truly indeed, a wonderful sight to behold. The street that runs by my house actually dead ends further up, so on the weekends there are no cars traveling on it. Which makes it the perfect place to do a walk. The street that I live on, is what I call an "oasis of solitude in the middle of suburbia". No matter what time of day, nor what day of the week, you can stand in your back or front yard, and hear absolutely nothing from the world around you. I live about three minutes from two main throughfares, but all you can hear is the wind blowing through the mountain, and the various birds singing. It is indeed soothing to the soul, especially after you experience a brutal day in the real world, or cyber word.

As for the weather, it was indeed spectacular. Was in the high 70's with just a touch of a gentle cool breeze. Not a cloud in that deep blue sky above. Very sunny and very dry. Perfect for doing just about anything, whether you were walking, bicycling, having a picnic, or simply lazing about in the shade.

In my case, it was taking a five mile walk through the mountain and the town....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com