Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Golden Texas Tea" (pg 3)

He wasn't always this way. In fact, up until about a year and a half ago, Walter was very much a can-do kind of guy. With multiple projects going on at the same time, Walter was a very busy, very content human being. After all, he was a best selling author, four years into his second marriage, at peace with his ex-wife, and most importantly, at peace with his two children. Yes, one might say that Walter was extremely content with his lot in life.

However, events that were going on in the background, unbeknownst to Walter, would soon bring his idyllic world crashing down upon him, pulverize it to pieces and drive him deeply to the point where we currently see him now.

Part 1

One gloriously sunny day about eighteen months ago, Walter was preparing to do another tour for his debut novel (Twisted Romance), when his wife bounced up to him and asked, "Walter sweetie, where are you off to now?"

Being that he was preoccupied with last minute details, Walter didn't pay close attention to what his gorgeous wife was asking. Annoyed, she repeated the question a bit more sharply.

"Hey! Hot shot!" she said, while playfully slapping him on top of his bald head.

"You slapped me on my head. Why'd you do that?" If there was one thing that Walter absolutely did not like, it was being slapped on his head.

"I'm sorry sweetie. I was only trying to get your attention. You know how I hate to be ignored."

Walter suddenly became worried, because he knew from past experience, when his wife felt that she was being ignored by anybody, she became deadly as a cobra. Just thinking about it gave him the willies.

"No, no my ebony queen. I wasn't ignoring you. I was simply concentrating on last minute details for my two week tour, that's all." Walter started inching towards the open bedroom window, just in case this line of questioning should prove detrimental to his well being.

Azalea beat him to the window and closed it. Locking it, she then strolled over to the beanbag chair and plopped down, before signaling to Walter that he should come over and sit next to her. He sighed deeply, because when she did that, it meant that he was going to get his....just desserts. Right now, he simply wasn't in the mood to get any kind of desserts, just or otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. See? I know you said not to hold back, but seriously? All I have to offer is...ohhh what is she going to do? Which of course is not that original....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you came by to visit is the good thing. Anything that you leave behind as a momento of your visit is an added bonus.

    Be it short and sweet, or long and thoughtful, it doesn't matter. I appreciate them all.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com