Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Amigos Con Las Ventajas

Note: This is the first in an occasional series of re-posts, as I want to move a few of the non-serialized short stories that I had at Flashing Georgie's Shorts, over to Partially Yours, where all of my new readers can experience a little bit of what my regular readers have come to appreicate on this blog: a singularly warped imagination heavily influenced by events in my real world. This was originally posted on June 16, 2010 under the title "Friends With Benefits".

Enjoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


{Yes, it is what you think it is}

About a month ago, I wrote a humorous post called Brain Rot. It wasn't really much other than I wanted to write about a particular conversational snippet I heard a few years ago, and this was the easiest way of doing so. Anyways, among the many comments that were made, was this little gem by Riot Kitty:

"To answer your questions, 1) I have had that kind of conversation with guy friends, and 2) no.

Funny enough, I was just talking to a friend today about fuck buddies and how neither of us thought that concept was morally wrong."


Now, I like Riot Kitty a lot, and among the many reasons why is that she reminds me of myself when I was her age, and from time to time, she will leave a comment that has almost zero to do with the post in question. So being the good blog host that I am, I left this as a retort (edited for relevance, because you know how long winded I can get):

"Question two...well, I'm glad to hear that you never experienced question two.

As for the concept of fuck buddies (or friends with benefits), I agree that some people might not think its morally wrong. Others like myself, see a shade of gray in which it all depends on what/how the benefit is actually used.

In this day and age, to some people the act in question one doesn't equate with the act of cheating."


Another reason why I like Riot Kitty is that when she leaves a comment that has almost zero to do with the post, it usually gets my brain cells juiced and my cerebellum churning. In other words, smoke comes out of the ears.

After thinking about her comment for a couple of days, I came up with a great idea for a post. Problem was, how do I write about it?

Do I write about it from the point of view that it's morally and ethically wrong to pursue a relationship outside of one's marriage (if married) or steady? Do I preach and attempt to shove my personal viewpoint down the collective throat of my readers? Or, do I approach it from the other extreme and say that it ain't no big deal to pursue that kind of extracurricular activity? That it's so prevalent in today's society that its almost considered the norm so why talk about it in a negative fashion.

The dilemma that I created for myself when I came up with the idea of the post was so bad that I came this close to capitulating and calling it a day. Why? Because I couldn't decide from what viewpoint to write about. I don't know about you, but from what I've observed and learned throughout the years has really caused me to now take a rather ambiguous view about this particular subject.

So.

After numerous false starts in trying to write about this particular issue (lots of blank pages of paper were crumpled up in the process), I came up with the idea of writing a short story showing a probable outcome to this issue.

Surprisingly (or disturbingly), the words came very easy to me. So easy in fact, that it took me less than 45 minutes to write this entire story by hand. Strangely enough, I'm also rather proud of this story. Why? Because I was having such an intense debate with myself that I decided to challenge myself by writing a story that was believable, the end result was known, and that the act itself was presented in a way that didn't need graphic language to the point across.

So.

If you'll follow me over to Partially Yours, I would like to present to you the second part of this post, my short story entitled "Amigos Con Las Ventajas".

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com