Sunday, October 10, 2010

1010 WINS

Yah, I know, I know....big old celebration happening everywhere else on something that won't happen for another one thousand years....but, I got a jump because there used to be a radio station in New York that had a peppy little station I.D. called "1010 WINS", so there, nyah!

Be very afraid of the minutia that swirls around in this bald little head of mine.

Anyways, for those who have, the latest installment of Creativity Inaction is now up at FGS. For those who want, shoot me an e-mail to georgebjr2006@yahoo.com with the particulars and I'll hook you up (as our local tire/rim store says in their t.v. commercials, in a wannabe ghetto latino kind of way. trust me, I do not make stupid things like this up).

For everyone else, please trip over to Shooting Suburbia for another round of strange pictures featuring a thingamabob, a tree and a finger.

In other news....well, is there other news?

Sure, why not. It's my blog, so I can say there is other news.

In other news, upcoming this week (well, at least tomorrow) is a rant about that purely pointless endeavor that happens next month called The National Novel Writing Month, or as it's locally called, NaNo, or as it's officially called, NaNoWriMo. Feel free to prove me wrong, feel free to link up to it and feel free to tell me that I'm full of bull cookies and mule fritters. Invite all you friends from the blog world and from Facebook to tell me how wrong I am.

But remember, wait until tomorrow to make your feeble attempt at cutting me down to size. I haven't had anyone try to cut me down to size in quite some time, so I would love to have a non-constructive argument with anyone and everyone about NaNoWriMo.

Beyond Monday's post, I really don't have anything else on tap to speak of. Haven't decided about Writing Wednesday yet (hey, if the legendary LL Cool Joe can have a Wardrobe Wednesday, then the infamous G can have a Writing Wednesday), as in whether or not I should do a positively sunshiny update about my other writing projects, or should I continue to cut myself down to size with a purely negative post about my early works.

Haven't figured out what do for Friday, since no one was able to guess the key musical tidbit that would trigger a fawning review of that person's blog. So what should I write for Friday? Should I be unoriginal and post up an old humorous e-mail? Should I be original and write another brilliant piece of word association that almost no one got? Should I find something else to mock that everyone takes way too seriously in the writing/publishing world? Or should I just pack it in and take a wickedly long vacation from blogging?

Honestly, that last question is getting a little tougher to dismiss from my mind as of late. There is burnout, and then there is BURNOUT. Right now, we're somewhere between burnout and BURNOUT

Anyways, I think I rambled enough. Besides, I am on a road trip today and I won't be seeing anyone's lovely faces until some time in the afternoon. Ta-ta for now, and remember, ta-ta's are a beautiful thing.

Especially in the mid-30 size range.

7 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a writing Wednesday. I need to invent a day of the week blog meme. Maybe something like, "Things that pissed me off Tuesday"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what was the key musical tidbit? :) That was a fun post. Don't be burned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. R: I think that having a particular day devoted to a given topic and have it as some kind of alliteration is cool thing.

    "Ticked off Tuesday" has a better ring to it.

    Lynn: The music tidbit was "motorcycle cop". Most people wouldn't have gotten it unless they have copy of Jannie's CD. I think the first or second track is called "Motorcycle Cop".

    Honestly, I'm not trying to become the cap sized burnout, but it has been a real struggle to come up with things to write about as late.

    It's not self inflicted pressure but simply running out of steam. After 2 1/2 years and 528 posts, sometimes one has a tendency to run out of material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charles: I'll be looking forward to it.

    To me it just seems like it's something strictly formulated for the writing community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Writing Wednesday" would be fun. I'm up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly: I do "Writing Wednesday" every week as I'm trying to get back to one of the roots that I originally created this blog for.

    Glad you're up to the task as some of the stuff you've posted lately has been pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com