I would like to touch base on a subject that that is near and dear to me: friendships.
I am, by choice, a very private individual. Not in the traditional sense where no one knows anything about me and I live my life with minimal contact with the human race, but more like what you read here. I have made numerous acquaintences over the years, but the amount of close friends that I have, I can count on two hands, one for the Real World and one for the World.
In the Real World, I have three very close friends, who have stood by me through thick and thin, who without their understanding and guidance, I really don't know how I would have made it these past four years. I truly treasure and appreciate their friendship, and I would like to think that they appreciate mine.
So I would like to say to the following people, DC and RK & RK, only this one thing, which I have stated previously, but nevertheless is heartfelt and geniuine: I will always cherish and appreciate the fact that you have chosen to let me be a small part of your lives since 2004. No matter what may happen in the future, I will always be there for you.
As for the Cyber World, the amount of close friends I have, number six: PaisleyPosey, A Bug and A Wish, Matt from Akron, Michelle D, Vee and Grace Nerissa. Each of these truly unique individuals have touched me deeply in more ways that they could possibly imagine or thought of. Each of these individuals deserve an individual thanks, which I will gratefully give now.
- PaisleyPosey: Paise, you are a truly a unique and wonderful individual. You and I go all the way back to the very beginning of our Topix existence. For about five solid months, the two of us made up two-thirds of a very special online triangle. Even though that triangle got destroyed and we created yet another special online triangle, we managed to stay together through those black days. I will always appreciate your loyalty, your friendship and your honesty.
- A Bug and A Wish: Mere words can't describe the feelings I have for you. You are definitely on my short list of people I truly admire and respect. In spite of what I went through and what I did in 2007, you never lost faith in me. Even when I made that incredibly stupid accusation, you never lost faith. It got dented a little because of it, but still you kept on shining. I really do appreciate and respect your friendship.
- Matt from Akron: I suppose we are intertwined just as much as I am intertwined with the above mentioned ladies. We went through alot of things together, but I believe you became a better and stronger individual because of it. You are a very remarkable person, whom I've been able to learn stuff from in more ways that you could ever possibly imagine. And that, my friend, is a rare gift to have.
- Michelle D: You are a remarkable individual as well. Non-judgmental, you are able to see every side of a particular situation and act accordingly. You, and everyone else in PA, were my saving grace in the Summer/Fall '07. Not sure how worse things would had gotten if you weren't there to help keep me in check. I truly thank you for that.
- Grace: You were one of the very first people I met when I started posting on Topix. Your wit, grace (no pun intended) and charm, are simply second to none. Your poetry is the same. You're the only poet that I actually care about and enjoy reading.
To one and all, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for bestowing on me the honor of being your friend.
I won't let you down, that you can be sure of.