Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Restored, Renewed and Reborn

How's do!

Yes folks, on certain days, you won't find the grammer police here. On those days, we's just play with the english language and make ourselves look so super smart (read like: Daffy Duck) that we can make a 12 year old give up video games....
~~~~~~~~~~
On a more somber note, I would like to dedicate this post to the memory of my dearly departed father, George Sr., who passed away much too soon at the age of 65 in 2004. My father instilled in me a love of the English language, the love of the written word, the ability to soak up knowledge like a sponge, and an incredibly dry sense of humor. He is sorely missed by one and all.

BTW Dad, you're gonna be a grandfather for a third time in a few weeks (not by me, but by little brother). Another boy will be joining the fray to carry on the family tradition of reasonably bright and witty children who drive their parents insane.
~~~~~~~~~~
As the title of the thread states, this will be about my rebirth, renewed sense of purpose and my reborn attitude as it deals with Topix.

After sending off the fax of 3/28, things basically calmed down and I cooled off with my one man campaign of destruction. Except for the suspension of my original persona, things became rather quiet for me. I went back to where I had felt the most comfortable: Top Stories. I also had begun to reconnect with my local forum and some friends out in Pennsylvania.

As for Offbeat, except for a few well placed comments scattered on a couple of threads, I had completely vacated the forum. I show up there about once a week to say hi to my friends, but beyond that, the forum has basically gone to hell.

I began the third leg of my journey determined to behave myself and not act like a jackass. I went wandering around the forum, trying to find somewhere to hook into, but I didn't have too much luck. All I was able to hook into was a few old threads from months gone by. With things getting soured in the RW, I was becoming quite unhappy in the CyberWorld and it began to show again.

I started picking fights and acting like a complete jerk again. By the time May rolled around, I was really in a crappy mood. About that time I was trying to figure out what to do with myself, a good friend of mine, Matt from Akron, suggested that I try starting a blog. He thought that with my writing skills, it would be a natural outlet for my voice.

About the time that he suggested it, I was seriously considering self-publishing my novel. Long story made short, I started this blog Memorial day weekend and never looked back. While I was giving thought about the blog, I stepped into a world a grief online.

An argument happened to start on a thread about American Soldiers, between a group of posters called "The Crew" and a friend called "Global Idiots". Somehow it spilled over to a few other threads in Top Stories and quickly engulfed about ten other people, including yours truly, who went wading in when he should of been minding his own business.

When the dust had finally settled, I had found myself on the receiving end of some unwanted attention from another poster. Deciding that at this juncture that a non-confrontational posture was a good thing for the moment, I faded into the woodwork for awhile, with the intent of regrouping and repairing my attitude again.

But to be left alone, which was what I wanted in the first place, simply wasn't to meant to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com