Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More Random Thoughts

My posting is gonna be a bit freakish this week as I try to get back into the swing of things. I'll be touching on a few points tonight, some good, some not so good, so please bear with me as I ramble on. WARNING: THE LANGUAGE CONTENT MIGHT BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME PEOPLE.

Point #1: Work fuckin' sucked today. I spent the better part of the day getting pretty pissed off at multiple employees, multiple supervisors and multiple agencies. As most of you good readers know, I work for the state. I like my job but there are some aspects that really and truly suck dog excrement. Like doing tuition reimbursement. I won't bore you with the finer details, but I will tell you that the other agencies I deal with in regards to this issue, spend the day sitting around with nothing better to do than kiss each other's ass and give everyone else a verbal enema less they intrude on the self inflicted ass kissing. End result today was that I got reamed out by my supervisor for my behavior and that the double standard is still alive and kicking.

Point #2: Because of the previous statement, the conversation that I wanted to have with a friend of mine, who was out of touch for the past few weeks due to some personal issues, I had to stop before I got it started. I wound up sending her a terse e-mail which I will have to somehow explain and apologize for without getting her too upset about it.

Point #3: On the bright side, I had received preview copies of my bookmarks and business cards created for my upcoming novel. I'll probably give it a once over one more time and give my final approval on that. Which leads to the next point....

Point #4: ....My second galley came in the mail today. I will be spending the weekend, in peace and quiet contemplation, going over the second version with a fine tooth comb. Hopefully, all the corrections I had made, were in fact made. If everything goes according to plan, it should be out sometime in September.

And finally,

Point #5: SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW FOR MY TWO JUVENILE DELINQUENTS!

Life is soooo good.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a crazy week!! But tomorrow is TGIF!! :) Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ain't kidding. I had the work week from hell.

    Never have I had a work week like this after coming back from vacation.

    Unreal.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com