Friday, September 5, 2008

"Golden Texas Tea" (pg 4)

Because she dealt with rejection very badly, she became quite impossible to deal with on any level, for any period of time. Knowing this didn't make things any easier for him, because she usually got over her rejection by doing a conquest. Sexual in nature, it always left him completely drained and dead for days on end. Sighing deeply while grabbing what he needed from the closet, Walter mentally prepared himself for what she was about to dish out.

Shaking her head, she said, "No, that's not what I meant, although a very good read on your part. What I meant was this: come over here so that I can discuss your tour itinerary with you. I need to know what your various stops are going to be."

Relieved that he wasn't going to his...just desserts, Walter became his animated self again. Walking back from the closet, he grabbed a couple of pillows from the bed to make a back rest for himself before sitting down. Stretching his legs, he soon made himself quite comfortable for the intensive questioning that was sure come.

"Comfy cozy?" she said while leaning over him. She leaned so close to him that if he had shifted his eyes, he would have gotten a free show.

"Quite. So what is it that you would like to know about my latest trip, my little magpie?"

"Well...." but before she continued, she gave him one of her world famous soulful kisses. The kind of kiss that leaves him grinning and acting like a village idiot for the remainder of the day.

Forty-five seconds later, her line of inquiry continued. "Well, I would like to know exactly what towns you're stopping at and where you'll be staying at for each of those stops, so that if I need to get hold of you in an emergency, I can."

"Ummm...ahhhh..." Yup, got Walter acting like a village idiot. She slapped him a couple of times to bring him back to the present, which he did and shortly thereafter became his normal lucid self again.

"Thanks. The itinerary for this trip will take me back to our old stomping grounds, New England. I decided that hitting some of the smaller towns and cities would make for a refreshing change of pace, so I said to my publisher, 'why not hit the hometown area for this latest tour?'

"So in the fist week, I'll hit Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts. In Connecticut, my first two stops will be Newington and Mansfield. When we hit Rhode Island, the stops will be Cranston and Waverly. In Massachusetts the stops....."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com