Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Golden Texas Tea" (pg 14)

After a few minutes, in which Azalea could hear loud voices in the background, Malibu came to the phone.

"Zea! How's it going? Did you arrive safely? Is everything going alright? Details, give me details."

So Azalea filled her in on the airplane trip, the baggage claim area and the car rental place. Malibu for her part, told Azalea about what happened so far and what was going on now. After ten minutes or so of chit-chat, she finished up the call by saying, "Look, I got to get going to the motel. I'll give you a call later to let you know how the rest of my day went. By the way, did Walter call looking for me?"

"I don't know, let me check with the kids." A minute of silence ensued before Malibu came back on. "Yeah, he called about three minutes before you did. The children told him you were out running errands and that you'll be back soon, so he things that you're still here. Give him a ring at your earliest convenience."

"Thanks, I owe you big time. Ciao for now."

"You got that right, you owe me very big time!" said Malibu as she was hanging up.

Back on the road, Azalea decided to wait until she was settled in before giving Walter a jingle. Arriving at the motel, she pulled into an empty space, got out and leisurely walked towards the front lobby. Like before, she became a fantasy pinup as she slowly sauntered by a group of young men whose conversation came to a screeching halt when they say that fine foxy lady stroll on by.

Entering the lobby, she was greeted by a clerk who said, "Greetings and salutations! How are you on this peachy keen fine wonderful full of natural warm goodness sunshiny day?"

Startled, Azalea began to answer the same way. "Why I'm doing just fine, thank you," before shifting back to her normal voice, "Listen, I have a reservation for a room here. It should be under the name Azalea Wurld. If not, it'll be under the name Azalea Gold, as I'm not sure what name my agent booked it under."

Silence ensued as the clerk checked his computer. A few minutes later, he said, "Found it. Your travel agent had it booked under the name 'Azalea Gold-Wurld'. Could you verify your home address for me please?"

'What a freakin' dim bulb that agent of mine is.' thought Azalea as she gave the clerk the requested info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com