Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm Back! And I Brought A Special Present For Everyone!

Greetings and Salutations!

Man is it ever good to be back to blogging. Just to let everyone know, not only did I take a break from blogging, but I suffered through such a severe intelligent reading withdrawal that I thought I was going to start growing hair again (I'm bald as a ping pong ball, for those who have never seen a picture of me).

In any event, to those who have visited me because I have visited yours in the past, I will be making my customary rounds by the weekend. I have seen snippets of what you've written and I like to say that I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to fully read what all of you wrote.

So, back to me. While I was away, I got busy doing other things. First and foremost, I started writing more flash fiction to foist on an unsuspecting public (more on that later). Secondly, I started the painful process of winding down my presence in the chat room forums. I've spent a little over two years and I'm now suffering through a case of severe chat room burnout. I may get back to it in the spring, but right now, I just need some time to think about things there.

Back to the flash fiction (remember later? this is later). The other major thing I got done while on my mini-vaca, was to create a new home for my flash fiction.

So without further ado, I present to you my good readers, a brand new blog for my flash fiction. I would like to thank Jannie Funster for giving me the idea on what to call it. It was cute, different, and most important, it kept in step with my warped sense of humor.

My new blog: Flashing Georgie's Shorts

I will still post my flash fiction here. However, what I will do now is post the first two paragraphs of the story, then provide a link to the new blog, where you can read the story in its entirety. I do hope you visit the other blog every Wednesday, because that's when you'll get a fresh new story to read.

I would like to sincerely thank everyone for stopping by my blog and perusing the contents at your leisure. I'm glad you found the time out of your busy day to grace my blog with your presence.

6 comments:

  1. Cool. I'm glad to hear you'll post the link here for us. That'll help me remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new blog. Looks like a fun place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, Georgie! (And I love the blog name! :)) I look forward to reading your stories...

    ReplyDelete
  4. To everyone:

    Thanks for the compliments. I tell ya, it was tough being away from everyone for those four days.

    Reminded me of when I first started doing the chat room thing, with all the friends and acquaintences that I made, I thought it would be really tough to stay away, and by golly it was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool name and blog! I love flash fiction (though I kinda suck at it). Will be sure to chek in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks.

    For the longest time I never even attempted to write flash fiction. Mostly because I thought the way I write is more suited to full length stories/novellas.

    But, after reading a few other flash fiction websites (like Beat To A Pulp), I decided to give a whirl. I got a decent response from the first one I posted here about two weeks ago, so that gave me the incentive to try something new.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com