Saturday, September 19, 2009

I Is Motivated

"Testing, testing, 1, 2, 1, 2. Are we good?"

sound engineer gives him a thumbs up.

"Good, good. Are we ready then?"

director gives him a five fingered countdown

"Good afternoon and welcome to 'How do you do what you do when it's due?', where we tackle the topics that only a show whose Neilson rating is lower than a re-run of Davy and Goliath on C-Span 2 would have the gumption to do. I'm your host, the effervescent Bobby Bummer!

"Our topic of choice today is motivation, and here to share his lack of viewpoint of the subject, the wonderfully-talented-with-the-ginormous-ego-owner-of-two-only-important-in-his-mind-blogs, G".

G gives a puzzled look, then answers in tone dripping with sarcasm: Thanks for that gracious introduction Bob!

BB completely oblivious to how pissed off his guest is: Thanks G. So, let's get right down to the bare minimum, the rock bottom, the dirt cheap...

G: Bob...

BB: the skinny, the low down, the I can get it for you at wholesale..,.

G: Bob!

BB Bob falls out of the chair and cracks his head on the floor: Oomph!

G shakes his head in disgust, looks at his watch and holds it up.

the scores for the local football league suddenly appear on the screen: 25-21, 21-19, 19-17, and 2-0

Stoner dude walks across the stage, gives G a low five, then grabs Bob by the ankles and drags him off the stage. He then reappears and takes the seat formerly occupied by Bob

Stoner takes a deep drag off his roach: Dude! It says here on this piece of paper that I should ask you how do you get properly motivated to write?

G takes the roach and takes a hit for himself: Good stuff there kiddo.

Stoner: Gnarly.

G: Right-O. Anyways, it all depends on what kind of story I want to write. For instance, if I want to write a story that is either angry or sad, I think about something that makes me either incredibly angry or incredibly sad. Nothing worse than trying to write something angry and you're happy as a pig in shit.

Stoner takes the roach back and takes another hit: Whoa, that is so deep. Is that all you do before you write?

G: Pretty much. takes out a bottle of tequila and takes a swig Wanna hit? Good stuff, make you mellower than a cat laying in the grass on a sunny afternoon soaking up the sun with its tummy.

Stoner: Sure.

G takes the bottle back: Anything else you wanna ask me?

Stoner: Ummm...wait a minute. searches his pockets for a few seconds before pulling out a crumpled piece of paper Yeah...why are most of your characters raving sex maniacs? Furthermore, why do you use sex as a weapon? Finally, what's it like to know that you'll always be an unpublished has been?

G leaps out of his chair and spears the stoner to the ground. Quickly climbing on top, he pins his shoulders with his knees and starts dropping heavy bombs, turning the stoner's face into a bloody crimson mess.

Suddenly, the screen goes blank and we hear the breathless voice of Bobby Bummer over the X-rated verbiage spewing forth in the background say


"Tune in next week for our exclusive pay per view broadcast of the second part of this interview!!!"
~~~~~~
My good friends, since this post was such a boffo hit, I will try to write the pay per view followup to this. Don't touch that dial!!

14 comments:

  1. So I'm thinking you're not motivated G? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motivation is simply a state of mind and a state of being....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charles, this is what happens when I have too much down time at work.

    I write conversations about beating people up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nurse Myra: Fer shure.

    R.K.: Part 2? There's a part 2?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Stoner feedback :) Looking forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, a part...2.

    This does put me into a pickle.

    This was more or less a one shot post. I originally had a part 2 to this post called, "I is Motivated, the Serious", which basically asked the question of what motivates you to write. But I decided that it would be better just to make it a stand alone humorous post.

    I kind of got a post that uses this one as a base, but that won't be popping up until October.

    I'm not sure if I can write a part 2 to this one. If I do, I may have to stick it on the other blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol! Now it's what goes on when the screen turns black that really has me intrigued! But I have a pretty good imagination and I'm not afraid to use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are not the prob, G- you seem to be writing a virtual river of emotional stories.. demonstarating your motovation...
    The challenge is, publishing biz has changed with the web glut of opportunity this decade.
    You'll never be a "Has-Been" without Moto-Jo in my book-read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talon: Glad you have such a fertile imgination. To not have one would truly mean a dull existence.

    Snaggle: Thank you for that warm compliment.

    I'll never be a has been, because I feel that I'm successful because I have a blog that people really do enjoy reading.

    I love producing content for it, so everything else that is associated with it, is simply the gooey icing on a multi-tiered cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn, how much will the Pay-Per-View Cost???
    **digs thru pockets for spare change**
    Stoner dude is great. or should I say gnarly?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim, I'm not sure.

    I have to take in account the poor economy and the fact that this t.v. station will do anything for a buck.

    I'm open to suggestions for pricing.

    Stoner dude was very gnarly indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com