Monday, April 25, 2011

Peaches, Lust And Tranquilizers

As I briefly mentioned in last Wednesday's post, I have come to terms and finally found a small sliver of tranquility in the turbulent vortex that is me as it pertains to my job.

As it now stands, my job has nothing left to offer me in the way of new skills for career advancement. In turn, I have nothing left to give to my job beyond showing up, putting in my eight hours per day and fulfilling the basic requirements of my job.

Nothing more and certainly nothing less.

I know that things happen for a reason and I know that eventually things will fall into place for me.

All I can do right now is control what I can to the best of my ability, even with the firestorm that will be hitting my work world in a couple of months, which in turn will create a whole new set of problems.

Or create an unfortunate solution to the current bleak economic reality that every other state in the union is facing.

In any event, this re-found tranquility has, after a one month hiatus, helped me not only restart my writing, but also allowed me to refocus on my surroundings again, which in turn can only help my writing and my blogging.

To complete this relatively lucid and rant free Monday morning post, I leave you with this nifty video.

Lobo: "Me and You And A Dog Named Boo"

Or, if you rather have a song that better matches how crappy my work life actually is and perhaps how crappy your day is:

Theory of A Deadman: "Hate My Life (explicit version)"

10 comments:

  1. Hang in there, G. I made an emotional decision to leave my corporate job and am sorry sometimes - I would have been so better off financially if I had stayed. (But I've had some pretty happy years since then, too, so there you are.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple words following but hang in there, G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very glad to hear that you're feeling more Zen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad things are calm for the moment. That counts for something. And I wish you luck finding something you would like better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn: I did that type of thing back in '96, which got me to the state to being with. Had a crappy semi-corporate job (asst. manager at a c-store) and left that one on much like you did yours. 15 years later, there are times that I do regret doing it, but for the most part, I am happy with my initial decision to do it.

    David: Good advice, which is what my union rep keeps telling me. I actually do like my union rep simply because she has done a remarkable job of putting up with me.

    I'm just trying to fly under the radar right now. No more and no less.

    S.R.: Thanks.

    A little Zen can go an awfully long way, and with Spring starting to take hold, I'll have something to hold onto as well.

    R: Thanks. I'm hoping to apply for that opening by the end of the week before things go completely south and it gets pulled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to point out that the song "I Hate My Life" perfectly sums up what I've been going through for the past couple of months.

    Fantastic way to start a morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't feel bad- I wanted to leave my job the first week- but 5 years later bow there are still no jobs to go to nearby about the same wage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snaggle: I've been at this place going on 5 years this coming May, and so far, what little benefits I've gotten out of transferring to this place has been more than pulverized by the aggravation and petty politics that I've gone through.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com