Sunday, October 23, 2011

Alternating Swiss Cheese With Colby Jack

Yeah, it's another not-quite-so rare Sunday post. I guess when you decide to change your blogging habits, empty space sometimes is easier to fill.

Like today for example.

Previously on Sunday, the post would be relatively short as it mostly served as an intro to a post at Shooting Suburbia. Now, it's a place where I can post up something that I really want to get off my chest but don't really want to wait until later in the week to do it. Or if I want to post something that is a little out my comfort zone. Or if I want to post something like a tickler for the week. Or if I want to post some random thoughts.

Like now.

Random thought numero uno: I finally switched to the new dashboard, and it wasn't really by choice, but by necessity. It seems that Blogger will be updating everyone's accounts with the new dashboard, so whether you want it or not, you're gonna get it.

So I switched.

However, there were a few glitches along the way. I still got the pointless error message saying that my browser (IE 8) was incompatible and that I needed to upgrade my browser. But when I took both my blog and my dashboard and yes, even my Gmail, off the "compatibility view" button, no more error messages for my blog, for the new dashboard, and even my Gmail.

I'm not too crazy about it, but after doing a little exploring, I can still create posts with a minimal amount of aggravation, which is all I that I really wanted in the end.

Random thought numero dos: I got super duper creative last week (slow periods at work will do that to me sometimes) and wrote a unique short story for the blog. How unique? Well for those of you who are long time readers of this blog, you might remember the few posts that did in which I carried on nonsensical and incredibly strange conversations with myself. Of those strange posts, quite a few were centered around my muse (my muse is female) and a few of my female characters from my various writing projects.

This one started out like that. I had my muse going off on a one sided tirade on yours truly, then I got inspired to write a piece of flash fiction, then I wrote an answer to the piece of flash fiction. End result is a three part post spread over two days and two blogs.

Part one with start here on Monday, with part two (the piece of flash) carrying over to Partially Yours. Part three will be posted here on Wednesday. Please note that the piece of flash is very clean, in that there is no sex and no dialogue. I just posted it over there because if I did it here, the overall post would be so incredibly long that your eyes might glaze over while reading it.

I think that you'll really gonna like this three part post, as I'm of the opinion that it compliments my Valentine Day's post from 2010, in terms of creativity and writing.

Well, that's enough random Swiss Cheese and Colby Jack Cheese goodness for today. Go forth and root for the football team of your choice, and remember, the name of the game is party until you're broke and they drag you away, it's okay, dare to be stupid.

6 comments:

  1. Man, I came because I thought this was going to be about cheese, which I'm a big fan of. Where's the cheese? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charles: Sorry to disappoint, but as you know, sometimes my post titles have a major disconnect with the post content.

    Today was one of those times. :D

    Although that does sound like a nifty idea for a post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. R: Thankee. Still working on the 3rd post, but I should have it completed for Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw crap. Just when I'm getting back into regular blogging you tell me it's gonna change. I tried the new format and hated it so switched back to the old. didn't like how it set my pictures up. Dang!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanne: Unfortunately, the new dashboard is here to stay and in fact, they are phasing out the old one and thus will be making the new one mandatory.

    I do know that there is a defualt mechanism for photos in which you can create a slideshow with the but other than that, it is what it is.

    I don't post that many pictures to begin with any more so when I do, it doesn't seem to be a problem for me, but I can see where it could be for someone who does.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com