Monday, February 4, 2013

Three Weeks To The Day And I'm So Ready For This

On February 28, 2012, I announced that I finally accomplished this seriously major goal that I had set for myself.

On February 5, 2013, I will be having my very first book signing for Line 21, as I will be appearing as a vendor at my job. Even though I'll have a semi-captive audience, as the building isn't really open to the general public beyond the ground floor, this will be the first time that I'll be presenting myself to my co-workers as a writer, and not as a flaky co-worker. More importantly though, this vending gig will allow me to properly pimp my book without getting into trouble or violating the rules.

I'm pretty sure I got almost everything that I need for the book signing, but let me double check my list.

1} New business cards?


2} Business cards of the book cover?





3} Bookmarks?


4} Displays pimping the e-book? Absolutely!

5} Extension cords for the mini-DVD player? Yup!

6} DVD to show the potential book buyers what the book is all about?



7} But most importantly, do I have this bad boy in print to sell?


Damn straight that I do.

I have everything that I need in order to (hopefully) pull off this five hour book signing. I've also did as much word of mouth that I could get away with doing to let people know that I got this book signing happening.

I also like to point out that I did the one thing that probably all writers do when they publish their very first book and get their hands on a print copy: I drooled and spent a nearly a whole minute completely speechless as I opened the big ass 25lb box and took out a pristine copy to hold, study, read and basically savor.

Whether I wind up selling out of my initial purchase of 25 books or if I sell just one is beside the point (almost). The fact that I'm putting myself out in public to pimp something of my own that I really and truly believe in is seriously major step in the right direction for me.

I would like to close out this post by once again thanking everyone who have stuck by me through thick and thin, not only on this blog, but behind the scenes in the real world. I really couldn't have done this without your support or your encouragement. Without it, I don't think I would be doing what I'm doing now.

And I promise not only to post a link at my book blog where you can purchase an autographed copy after the book signing, but I promise to give you an update on Wednesday to let you know how everything went.

12 comments:

  1. M: Thanks.

    I really am seriously pumped up for this. Had all my stuff together since mid-January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. Waiting for the following week's blog post after you get the call from HR for that book cover..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bearman: My man, this is the ONLY way to avoid that dreaded phone call from HR.

    Although, I may still get it just the same....:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drill it. Hope you sell lots of books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, G! That's amazing! Can't wait to hear about your co-worker's reactions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the book signing and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After the birth of the child comes the debut. Hope everyone loves your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darth: Thanks. I hope so to. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a lot of traffic 'cause I'm paired with another vendor today.

    Talon: Thanks, and welcome back.

    Debra: Thanks, and I intend to. :D

    G.A.: I hope everyone does as well. Been a lot of sweat and tears to have the baby presented to the world today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that checklist. Good luck, G!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luck, man. Wish I was closer and I'd drop by. I'm sure you'll do well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynn: Thanks and thanks. :D

    Charles: Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com