Friday, May 24, 2013

Happy Happy Quinto Anniversary!

I will keep this very short and semi-sweet.

On this date in 2008, Cedar's Mountain was foisted on a public hungry for knowledge. Fortunately, for the past five years, no useful knowledge has been inflicted on the general public. Instead, all kinds of groovy funkiness that passes for knowledge has been inflicted on a grateful general public that appreciates a good laugh and the verbal equivalent of slapstick comedy.

Because this is the Memorial Day weekend and the beginning of my staycation AND my 48th b-day as we roar out of the weekend, I will make this post short on verbiage and long on music. If you happen to trip on by today, please spend several minutes listening to a song that the singer spent the better part of three decades trying to escape from.



So my friends, Happy Quinto Anniversary to Cedar's Mountain, Happy Memorial Day weekend to you, Happy Birthday to me and Happy B'day to RgK from good ol' FLA!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary AND Birthday! Enjoy your staycation -- rest, relax, don't get into too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, good years and good posts under your belt. Great song as well!
    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra: Thanks.

    I do intend not to get my name in the funny papers over the weekend. I plan on doing my best impersonation of Frankie Goes To Hollywood. :D

    Charles: Thanks.

    And I have many more posts to come, as I got a surprise for everyone in the coming weeks. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday! Are you going to have a cake for each?

    ReplyDelete
  5. S.R.: Thanks.

    Sadly, I can't do cake (too much sugar) but I'll probably have a two foot hotdog in celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, I just emailed you inquiring about b.day plans...hope it's a great one! There is a sugar-free bakery within driving distance, you should stop by ;)

    And happy quinto!

    ReplyDelete
  7. M: Thanks.

    Got the e-mail and responded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blogoversary and happy birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com