Friday, June 28, 2013

Musica!

It's been a very long time since I'd talked about music. In fact, I think it was this particular post in which was the last time I wrote about my personal taste in music, and this wickedly popular spammer's post was the last (and as far as I know, only) time that I talked about what kind of music I listen to while editing.

The other day (like a month ago) I went shopping on Amazon to buy some new music that was slightly old. I had a few song titles in mind and as I'm prone to do, I wanted to purchase the entire c.d. For these particular songs, I do this because I enjoy exploring the entire c.d. (or album) that a given radio friendly song is pulled from.

So with that in mind, I bought the following c.d's that contain the following radio friendly songs.

1} The Traveling Wilburys, Vol. 1 (remastered):

This is one of the few supergroups from the late 80's that I really enjoyed. For those of you who don't remember, this group featured the late Roy Orbison, the late George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne. It features such radio friendly hits like this one:



2} Fallen by Evanescence


This contains their monster hit "Bring Me To Life", which a lot of people think is all they know about them. Considering they have a solid catalogue of work, this seems to be a good as place as any to sample their work. Btw, this c.d. absolutely rocks.

3} More Legend Than A Band by The Flatlanders


I got turned on to this alt-country band back when I used to listen to a roots-rock music show in the late 90's/early 2000's. This c.d. is an upgrade to the cassette I currently own, and if you ever want to listen to what Joe Ely and Jimmie Dale Gilmore first sounded like back in the day, then this c.d. is for you.

5 comments:

  1. For some reason this morning I'm listening to old stuff, like House of the Rising sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Traveling Wilburys quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charles: Old is good, but sadly, it's so overkilled on radio that I can't listen to it for any longer than fifteen seconds.

    M: It's a solid c.d. from beginning to end and I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that Evanescence song - I'll have to check out all the songs, as you suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn: I picked up some really good c.d.'s, and this post is just part one of two. I have very eclectic tastes in music and I'm more than happy to show them off. If you check them out, I can definitely promise you that you won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com