Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Golden Texas Tea" (Background)

Howdy do!

I figure since September is only two days away, now would be a good time to share with you good readers another one of my short stories.

First, some background info. This was one of the first stories I wrote after I had completed my novel. Originally designed to be a follow up (with a few others) story of the two main characters, Wally and Azalea, it really didn't come off the way I hoped for. This is because the way I chose to initially write my short stories was radical departure from how most short stories were/are written: I wrote a false ending to start, then wrote a story that led up to that ending and then went beyond to the real ending.

Nevertheless, this was my first attempt at writing a short story, since most of the books I read about writing up to that time, suggested that one should try to get a few short stories published before plunging headlong into trying to get a novel published. Considering I've done things ass-backwards so far, you can see how much I've actually followed that advice.

The story background is this: we meet Wally and Azalea about two years later after the novel. Things are going a bit schizoid for Wally as he's currently suffering from a severe case of writer's block.

As always, your comments will be greatly appreciated, both good and bad. One more thing, and I would like to thank the Cute Writing blog for the idea, this story is (c) 2008 by GBMJR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com