I've been tagged by Christine Duncan to tell six book related things about myself.
1) My local library was my home away from home, mostly because I had no friends to speak of while growing up. I had an absolute blast wandering from aisle to aisle looking for interesting titles to read.
2) I am self-publishing my first novel, partly because I'm supremely confident in my writing, and the rest stemming from the fact that I can't wait for others to bestow on me their singular honor of representing me and my work. I rather bring my work to the masses, for it is them that should decide my fate. Not agents or publishers.
3) I never understood the appeal of both The Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit. Therefore, you can add me to the very short list of people who never read those books (didn't read Dune either).
4) I have read almost every genre under the sun, save romances. My favorite genre is True Crime, closely followed by Historical Fiction. Beng a CT native, I like Mark Twain and I find Laurie King's Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes mysteries utterly fascinating.
5) I am one of those people who had subscriptions to Time/Life books (three all together).
6) I am one of those people who bought the two volume set of the entire Monty Python's Flying Circus television show.
Now, who should I tag? Well, how about....
Terra Chandler, Crsuem, Vodka Mom, Kyle and Sy
Okay, Taggees, this is your challenge, should you decide to accept it:
The rules to play are easy:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random bookish things about yourself.
4. Tag sixish people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know he or she has been tagged.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.