An affliction that nailed me earlier in the year, in which I went on a short story writing binge (about 35+ stories in about three months) that culminated with the creation of Flashing Georgie's Shorts, reared its ugly head again and nailed me this past summer.
Starting in late-July, I went on a blog post writing binge. The ginormous quantities of free time at work (busy for three days, bored stiff for seven) afforded me the luxury of writing out a multitude of blog posts (like four-five a week). How many I wrote is hard to calculate (but if I averaged four a week for about twelve weeks, then...holy cow, that's a lot of words!), but it's safe to say that only 2% of the posts that you've read since mid-August have been created within a couple of days of posting. The other 98% of the posts that have showed up on this blog were written during this blog writing spurt (which I finally finished in the first week of October).
I figure by the second week of November (I hope), I should have the last of those posts up on the blog for you to read and comment on (unless something pops up unexpectedly, like pics or an idea from another blog, then tack on another week). To help facilitate the process, a brief return to the two-a-days will be implemented on the days when Flashing Georgie's Shorts is being updated, and has in fact already reared its ugly head back on October 7th. By the time the last of those posts are up, I should be well back into my normal routine of writing a post a week in advance.
And I should be able to start work on that new thingy called Looking Back At The Early Days Of Cedar's Mountain (although the tag won't be that lengthy, I hope).
In any event, keep on the lookout for the following topics that this blog will touch upon: Humor, Personal Opinion, Music, Writing, Blogs, Freedom of Speech, and Work (both current and days gone by).
The Creative Juices.
Sometimes it can be healthy as all get out, giving you the energy to conquer the world.
And sometimes, it can become a majorly infected boil on your buttocks.