Yeah, major disconnect with blog titles as of late. Brain is frazzled as originality is starting to fall by the wayside.
Some time ago (12 days to be exact), good old (well, not too old, considering I was just graduating high school when she was being born) Mrs. Riot Kitty (I'm sure I'm gonna get slapped for that one), decided to bestow on me, a Kreativ Blogger award, for being a creative blogger.
Among the many, many, many, many, many, many, many things I have to do for this award, is tell seven original things about myself. Yah, right. Like I haven't emptied 99% of my brain in telling you wonderful people fantabulous things about myself. Well, I have to empty that remaining 1% of my brain to tell you wonderful people more fantabuously original things about myself.
Ouchies. I just think I pulled a muscle with that paragraph.
Anywho (yah, redundant), here are seven original things that I hope that I haven't told you before in the previous 401 posts.
1} Mrs. R.K. has graciously stated that she absolutely hates how the English language gets butchered in the blog land, real world land, la-la land, and every land in between. Well.....I enjoy peppering both my blog world and my real world with pop culture words and phrases. F'r instance (like that F'r? I enjoy using that all the time), I like using the word Ouchies! to describe mistakes and boo-boos. I first heard the word used on an old Nickelodeon show called "Action League! Now!" One of the characters is called "The Flesh", who is super strong (muscular) and super naked. His pet phrase is, "Ouchies!" Another fave (like that fave? I use it all the time) phrase is Anywho, which I pulled from "M.A.S.H."
2} Due to the fact that I spent about three years being stalked, harassed, used, abused and having survived numerous attempts to turn me into St. John the Baptist while doing the chat room thing, I have developed a uncanny sense of awareness that borders on paranoia when it comes to people in the cyber world. Unfortunately, I have severed quite a few friendships in the past couple of years, due to the fact that I've been able to read people for what they really are in the chat rooms, and not for what they portray themselves to be. Note: this only applies to chat rooms, and not to the blog world, where people are pretty much who they portray themselves to be. In other words, honest and full of integrity.
3} I have owned about as many cars in my lifetime as some people change underwear in a two week time frame. Some examples: I have owned a Ford Pinto, a Chevy Malibu station wagon, a Toyota Celica stick shift, a Reliant, a Camaro, a Gran Torino, a Hyundai, a Ford Ranger, a Monarch, an Aries, and a Volkswagon Jetta (that one had no exterior door handles by the time I got done with it).
4} While I can't swear in seven different languages like Mrs. R.K., I can speak and understand ten different versions of English: General Government English (aka Alphabet Soup), Specific Governmental Agency English, Correctional Facility English, Contractual English (union contracts), Bastardized Teenager English (example: Let me have a pack of Mar Bah), Broken Convenience Store English (which actually makes sense), In Da Hood English, White Person Wannabe English, Business English (work), and Family English (outside of work).
5} I am a lone Republican (moderate) in a house/work location full of Democrats. 'Nuff said, and please, no pity, for Republicans will rise again and will ultimately force our one-termer to actually work with the Republicans. Sorry, just had to get that one dig in, because I've been remarkably well behaved when it comes to national politics.
6} Speaking of politics, I am a rare government worker: I'm rabidly anti-union, yet also a dues paying union member. Sorry gang, but I've seen too much union related stupidity since 2003 to really think that the public sector unions (or private sector for that matter) actually cares about their members. We have a saying in state government: No good state worker goes unpunished, and no bad worker ever gets fired.
7} Shoot, I can't think of number 7....oh wait, nope, that one is too depressing to mention....hmmm....ah, I got one. All of my close real world friends are female. No males. Even the majority of my friends from the Cyber World are female (save for the four guy bloggers I've met in the past two years). Come to think of it, about 85% of the blogs I read and follow, are written by females.
There you have it folks, seven original things about myself that I have not told anyone (that I could honestly recall) before on this blog. However, for those who are curious as to what my #7 could have been, I'll be more than happy to answer it in the comment section.