Sunday, May 2, 2010

Shooting Suburbia----->The Blog!

That's right boys and girls, you read it correctly.

The "Suburbia" tag that takes you to the Picasa Web Gallery photo albums of Cedar's Mountain, has now been relocated to the blog world.

Earlier this year, after I posted what used to be up in the corner of this blog in the Picasa Gallery, I had a few of my more intrepid readers tell me about the small problem of not being able to access the Gallery.

Suffice to say I was irked. Not at my intrepid readers, who I love and respect dearly, but at the fact that they couldn't get to the Gallery due to incompatibility issues with whatever their chosen system was and Google/Blogger.

So after giving it a lot of thought, I decided to be like LL Cool Joe and start up another blog for my creative output, this time the creative output being pictures.

First and foremost, what is this blog all about? Well, the header on the blog says this: The pictorial world of Cedar's Mountain and Cedar Mountain.

Which means that Shooting Suburbia will be the pictorial version of Cedar's Mountain. At least, that's what the basic concept of it is.

A few ground rules are in order, so that your experience with the new blog can be as trouble free as humanly possible.

1} Posting will be at the most once a week, on Sundays. Because I still shoot photos the old fashion way (disposable cameras), I usually have to coordinate the-spending-of-frivolous-money with the spending-money-on-the-important-things-in-life, so sometimes buying and developing take place weeks/months apart. So when I got, I'll post weekly. When I don't, I won't.

2} One particular irritating source of stress in my life as of late, has been those two naughty widgets that permeate this blog and FSG: namely, Sitemeter and Feedjit. Those two nasty widgets will not be making an appearance on Shooting Suburbia. Visit as often as you like, when you like, and from where you like.

3} No clutter. As you're no doubt aware, both blogs have more than their fair share of schtuff on them (links and the Followers widget are two of many examples) for you to use, abuse and explore. None of those aforementioned items nor any of the other schtuff that you're accustomed to seeing will be on Shooting Suburbia. It will be clutter free.

4} However, the one constant in the others, will be found in this one: comment moderation.

Those are the ground rules, which aren't really ground rules, but more like a list of what you won't find on that blog.

Without further ado, I present to you the reader, my picture blog, Shooting Suburbia.

The first post is part one of a three part misadventure called "Twinkletoes Ted".

Enjoy.

11 comments:

  1. OOOOooohhhhhhh, I like it. I've enjoyed your photo journeys around your town and Cedar Mountain. I'll be checking this one out on a regular basis. You know digital cameras have really come down in price and they are so much fun to play with. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bea: I know, but I don't want to own something that 1) I won't use on a regular basis, and 2) run the risk of breaking it.

    I have fun with disposables because they cost me about $7 (for a single) and $10 (for a double), not counting the 20% discount I get at CVS, and it costs me about $5 and change to develop (I get only the disc, no hard copy).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, definitely a lot of photo ops to capture in the great state of CT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. R.K.: Thanks.

    Joanne: Absolutely, and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like it when you do those photo shoots - I am checking it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool. I'll check it out today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, G! Joe is smart to have different blogs for different things :)

    Heading to the new blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I inspired you to start another blog! Good one I checked it out yesterday but didn't have time to comment. You know how it is at the weekend with kids etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly: Thanks.

    Lynn: Thanks, and thanks for the compliment.

    Talon: He most certainly is.

    Joe: You most certainly did. I think that the way you have a good chunk of your creative/regular divvied up in the blog world is really great. Keeps things fresh and uncluttered.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com