Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Very Special Episode

We interrupt your regularly scheduled picture post with this late breaking news bulletin. On August 5, 2010, my personal computer crashed and burned. It is now currently sitting in the hospital waiting with baited breath to be made brand spanking new.

The unfortunate side effect of this crashing is that the latest episode of "Flora, Fauna & Aminals" won't be shown, because the pics that are required are where? On that computer.

However, there is good news to be had. Because I'm still a fuddy-duddy when it comes to all things electronic and computer related, I was able to blow off the four inch layer of dust from my collection of floppy discs (all 30 of them), dig out the drive attachment that I use on mine and hook it up to the household computer, and viola! it is done.

I have a brand new post at the ready. One small problem: because I wanted to make sure that I got a post up for the picture blog (whereas I have posts stashed for this blog at least a week in advance, I make posts about one day in advance for the other), I didn't have the time (shared computer don't you know) to write captions for the photos.

My friends, I would truly appreciate it if after you visit Shooting Suburbia that you'll be so kind as to leave a caption for any of the pictures that strike your fancy in the comments. By the middle of the week, I will edit the post and use everyone's caption (along with the proper credit) for whatever photos you chose to write for.

I thank you in advance for any words that you choose to donate to this worthy post.

Update (8/11): Everyone's worthy contributions have been added in, including the proper credit and a link to your blog.

6 comments:

  1. Backing up my disc drive right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a good thing.

    I got a back up myself. Unfortunately, it's on Norton. Fortunately though, I should be able to access if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your Puter is recessitated ASAP!
    Sounds like a fun idea...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I figure that since I couldn't come up with anything good for captions, my readers would be able to do the trick for me.

    And I hope my 'puter gets recissitated soon too. Gonna give the place a call today to see if they had a chance to look at it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com