Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pics, Familia and Facebook

Over at Shooting Suburbia is part two of "Fun, Diversion, Family, Familia"

Over here is a brief update on a particularly talented family member, along with a request/suggestion for you.

For those of you already in the know, Jenelle had a fantastic time skating Friday night.

For those of you who don't know, my daughter Jenelle had a short skating program during the second intermission of an AHL hockey game between the Connecticut Whale (nee Hartford Wolfpack) and the Worcester Ice Cats (if I'm wrong about the nickname, by all means please correct me) which was played at the XL Center here in Hartford CT, and from all parties involved, she had a fantastic time.

Because in addition to having a successful skating program, she also came home with a few nifty keepsakes.

To whit, she came home with both a poster and a tee-shirt that were autographed by a few of the local players, both of which we will frame later on after the holidays.

Now I bet your wondering about the differences between third sentence and the short paragraph. Well, it's real simple. The third sentence was related to my status update from this past Thursday, in which I mentioned that my daughter Jenelle would be skating this coming Friday. So that's why I started the sentence by saying "For those of you in the know", because some of my friends from the blog world are also my friends in the Facebook world.

And if you want to become a friend of mine in the Facebook world, all you have to do is click on the link in the upper left corner of the front page (if you're viewing this via the reader or e-mail, you'll have to click through) and it will give you the necessary information on how to find me, if you so choose to do so.

If you're so inclined to do so, all I ask is that you tell me who you are when you make the request, because for the majority of you who visit my blog, I don't have any idea on what your real name is.

In return, I can promise you a few things about what I won't do to you in Facebook, only because I don't like it done to me.

1} Clutter your wall/news feed with games or apps. I don't play any kind games or use any apps at all on Facebook, and as matter of record, I block the majority of them from my feed.

2} Clutter your wall with a lot of links. As matter of personal preference, I don't try to clutter up my wall with news or video links. I save the video links for my blog.

4} Speaking of blogs, my blog feeds through my wall, so even if you don't have the time to stop by and read, you can always find a current blog post on my wall to peruse at your leisure.

5} Status updates. On the average, my blog posts with a greater degree of frequency (4 times a week) than I do on Facebook. I am actually more comfortable cruising all my friend's feeds and participating in whatever they're talking about at a given moment, than I am posting a status update. I figure that since most people in my circle already know what I'm doing to being with, either through the blog or at work, the last thing that they need to see from me is more updates about myself.

So if this is something that you might want to take a chance on, I will be more than happy to add you into my circle of friends. If not, believe me, I will take no offense because I do respect my fellow reader's/blogger's privacy. Whether we're friends here in the blog world or on Facebook, it's all the same to me.

A friend is a friend, no matter where we meet up at.

7 comments:

  1. I'm still stuck on how you New Englanders get Wooster out of Worcester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bearman: It does kind of boggle the mind don't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, congrats to Jenelle! I don't do FB, and you know why, but I appreciate you being my friend in other places. (Oops, that sounded dirty, didn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's neat about your daughter's skating program - I know you were proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 13/13: Thanks. And yes, that did sound just a teeny bit dirty. :D

    Lynn: Yup. I thought it was very nice for them to do that for the skaters (I'm assuming the rest of the skaters got something similiar as well), because I think that's a memory that will last longer than most of the trophies and medals that she'd earned in her competitions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to be your friend here. Sounds like Jenelle had a great experience. I am on Facebook. Surprisingly to myself, I did get caught up in those "games." Stress relief or something from job hunting. I do status updates that are 2 liners about me and the kids. I'll send you a friend request. No obligation to accept. Just happy to hang out with you here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly: Thanks.

    Yeah, those games can be a great stress reliever, but you definitely have to be careful not to go too far overboard with them.

    I'll be more than happy to accept a friend request.

    My status updates are usually one very long sentence, and its usually about stuff that I don't post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com