Monday, September 3, 2012

Be Very Afraid For I Is Bored

I is bored.

And do you know what happens when I is bored, especially on this blog?

That's right boys and girls, I write strange stories.

However, it wasn't easy to decide. I had to choose between two very good topics.

Topic 1 was about falling for a scam blog. The scammer wasn't someone who would still your money or identity, but someone who was more insidious. They were someone who preys on the sympathies and good will of people who were/are suffering from a terrible disease, like cancer.

I was alerted to this by a person who sent me an e-mail about it. Please click on this link to find out more about this disgusting issue.

Topic 2 was writing about my muse. As I've mentioned previously, the story I'm working on is giving my conscience numerous fits, so I thought that one way I could work out the myriad of problems was to write a couple of blog-only short stories.

The reasoning behind this is twofold: 1} it allows me to think out loud and kind of punish myself for writing this in the first place (for those of you who have been following me for the past few years, this is something I do well. For those of you who are new, I enjoy picking on myself from time to time), and 2} it allows me to take a small break from what I'm currently working on and write something that I'm more comfortable in exploring.

So for those of you who can, please follow me over to It's Always Saturday In Suburbia to read part 1 of the latest Muse adventures entitled "The Muse Is Thy Master."

6 comments:

  1. You can't possibly have time to be bored! Nice story btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M: Thanks.

    To quote the song, "If you only knew..." what my work week is like on the non-payday week, you be changing your tune. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what was that Jeff guy's game? If he directed funds to the Susan Kormen foundation, how did he gain monetarily from his fake blogs? Was he just in it for the ego high?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's easier nowadays, thanks to technology, to google and catch scams, thank goodness! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So is the content racy??? It had that disclaimer thing - meaning I can't open it up at work, lest someone discover that I have been up to reading something racy on a work computer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. G.A.: Apparently he was pretending that he lost a close friend to breast cancer, and then continued by saying he was involved with search & rescuse, was foster parent to his friend's daughter who was a singer and actress, donated a kidney to his brother who was a purple heart recipeint, etc, etc etc. And apparently he was doing this since 2006 on various cancer survivor forums.

    So yeah, he was in it for the ego high.

    Jewel: The person who outed him apparently belong to a group of people who specialize in outing frauds like him.

    Lynn: It's not really racy, but I feel more comfortable posting some of my short stories on that blog, as opposed to this one. This one is more mainstream, whereas the other is where I sometimes expirement with my writing and show off some excerpts of what I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me your best shot. I can take it. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have created this wonderful little blog that you decided to grace with your presence today.

About that comment moderation thingy: While yes, it does say up above I can take it, I only use it to prevent the occasional miscreant from leaving thoughtless and/or clueless comments.

So remember, all of your comments are greatly appreciated and all answers will be given that personal touch that you come to expect and enjoy.

G. B. Miller

The Legal Disclaimer

All the content that you see here, except for the posting of links that refer to other off-blog stories, is (c) 2008-17 by G.B. Miller. Nothing in whole or in part may be used without the express written permission of myself. If you wish to use any part of what you see here, please contact me at georgebjr2006@gmail.com